REQUESTING AN ITEM
- Call, email or check the online catalog to check about a specific title
- If the item is in the collection it will put on hold or reserved (if it is out)
Interlibrary Loan Policy
If the item you want is not available in the Morgan County Library catalog, you might be able to borrow it through our interlibrary loan service. This service will search for copies of requested materials through the Mid-Continent Library.
- Any patron with a valid Morgan County Library card in good standing may request materials through interlibrary loan.
- The Library does not charge a fee for books requested through interlibrary loan.
- Patrons are allowed 5 active ILL requests.
- Best sellers, recent publication, textbooks, pamphlets, audio- and videocassettes, rare or valuable materials are NOT available through interlibrary loan.
- The lending library determines the loan period and any restrictions concerning use of the materials.
- If a request cannot be filled, we will note your account why.
- When the book or other materials arrive, usually within seven to ten days, you will be notified; it is helpful to bring notification with you when picking up materials. If you do not pick up the materials within ten days, the books will be returned to lender. Repeated failure to pick up materials can result in termination of interlibrary loan privileges.
- If a book is renewable, ask for this privilege at least four business days before the due date indicated. If a book is not renewable, the title can be requested again from another lender upon return of materials.
- Interlibrary loan materials need to be returned to the Morgan County Library. Do not return items to book drop, please bring in to the circulation desk.
- Overdue, lost or damaged interlibrary loan books can be subject to additional fees that are set by the lending library. These fees will be passed on to you.
- Repeated overdues or loss or damage of interlibrary loan materials can result in loss of interlibrary loan privileges.
Requesting Materials is Easy
- Log in to your Morgan County Library account. (You may also call – 573-378-5319 or email – email@example.com to make your request)
- Go to Reserves/Requests
- Go to“Is the library missing something?”
- Click on the highlighted request button and fill out the required information. Then be sure to send the request.