Farmers' Market Rules and Regulations
Farmers’ Market Vendor Rules & Regulations
The mission of the Morgan County Library Farmers’ Market is to provide a fun, community event , to increase the economic success of the area and to promote our local farmers, crafters, artists, and musicians to the Mid-Missouri area. These rules and regulations are important to keep our Vendors happy and to create a pleasant atmosphere.
- Products sold must be homegrown, homemade, or hand-crafted by the vendor or parties listed on application. No commercial/resale merchandise is allowed.
- Vendor must complete and sign application form.
- Vendors must abide by all applicable federal, state, and local health and label regulations
- Set-up time begins one hour before start of the market and not before.
- Spaces are on a first come, first serve basis and are located along the sidewalk/trail, facing the immediate parking area. Please do not place items on the sidewalk or block it in any way.
- Canopies and tents should be placed side by side without space to walk in between. This is due to safety reasons concerning customers and vendors.
- Selling begins when the market officially begins. Please avoid early sales if possible.
- Vendors are expected to stay until the official closing of the market unless sold out or special circumstances arise.
- Vendors must conduct themselves in appropriate manner while actively selling at the market.
- Prices should be set reasonably and comparable to other vendor’s items at the market.
- Vendors should keep their space clean and clean-up any trash or debris after market closes.
- Personal vehicles should be parked away from immediate parking spaces to allow for customer parking. (staff parking will be clear for you)
- Signs need to be put up before the start of each market and taken down after the market ends. Any assistance with this task is greatly appreciated.
- Fellow vendors should be treated with respect, and if possible please support or assist each other as needed.