Morgan County Library
Board of Trustees
Sept. 9, 2022
Present: Kathy Jones, Stacey Embry, Mary Jo Jackson, Curtis Cunningham, Ann Brinson.
Absent: Lena Menning.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Mary Jo Jackson at 5:15 p.m. It was held at 600 N. Hunter,
Versailles, MO 65084.
Minutes: Kathy moved, Curtis seconded, to accept the August 11, 2022 minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Vouchers/Financial Report: Current balance as of August 31, 2022, is $282,750.39. Ann moved, Kathy seconded,
to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
• In anticipation of preparing next year’s budget, the director presented the year-to-date status of expenditures
vs. budget for 2022. While a few categories are currently higher or lower than expected, the overall budget is
on track and will balance at the end of the year.
• The Month End Cash Balance chart shows a minor discrepancy because of an error in dating a deposit for last
• Use of Ancestory.com will impact circulation numbers now that the website is no longer available for home
use by patrons and can be accessed only from the library computers, per changes at Ancestor y.com.
• Recent events for homeschoolers have seen positive response, suggesting that this is an area for future
development. Attendance at the most recent event was 25 people.
• Book delivery for homebound patrons is still in development, and will require more time to get established.
• The lighting refit for the entire library building is proceeding well.
• The staff entrance door is undergoing repair.
• Endcap book displays are being added, having been purchased with donated funds.
• More bids are being sought for re-finishing the countertops of the circulation desk.
• Bids for a counting device at the main door are in process.
• No reply has yet been received from Lagers with respect to possible retirement benefits for employees.
• A grant for Evergreen is in process, which will cover the expenses associated with converting to the new
format. All new book barcodes and library cards will be needed for the conversion.
• A delightful new book challenge called Bookopoly is in the final stages of development, and is scheduled to
start the week of September 12.
• The August 26 staff workshop successfully augmented the strategic plan.
Old Business: The smoking policy was tabled for further research.
Curtis moved, Kathy seconded, to accept the strategic plan as modified by the staff at its August 26 workshop.
New Business: No report from the Friends of the Morgan County Library, as they have not met since the last
The Technology Maintenance Policy was reviewed.
The Children’s Collection Librarian job description was reviewed.
Adjournment: Ann moved, Kathy seconded, to adjourn the meeting at 6:20 p.m. Motion carried.
Mary Jo Jackson, President Ann Brinson, Secretary
These minutes approved as _________ on ____________