Morgan County Library
Board of Trustees
Feb. 9, 2023
Present: Mary Jo Jackson, Stacey Embry, Curtis Cunningham, Ann Brinson, Kathy Jones.
Absent: Lena Menning.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Mary Jo Jackson at 5:45 p.m. It was held at 600 N. Hunter, Versailles, MO 65084.
Public Comment: none.
Friends Report: At its February 16 meeting, 6:00 PM at the library, the group will continue plans for the book sale and address the next steps for the Imagination Library.
Minutes: Kathy moved, Ann seconded, to accept the January 12, 2023 minutes. Motion carried.
Vouchers/Financial Report: Current balance as of January 31, 2023, is $553,728.08. Kathy moved, Curtis seconded, to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
- Circulation is higher, both from last month and from last year.
- The book return drop box and the pamphlet display are installed. The door counter is also installed and will be ready to produce statistics for the March circulation report.
- Evergreen barcoding is underway.
- Bids will open on February 17 for the library cleaning contract. Bids will be based upon an estimated time expenditure of 2.5 hours per day, 6 days per week.
- Staff has begun using the library’s new Goodreads webpage to make book reviews and recommendations.
Old Business: none.
New Business: The Meetings and Records Policy, the Public Participation at Board Meetings Policy, and the Form for Public Comment for Board Meeting were all reviewed. The Missouri Public Library Standards form was completed by the group.
Adjournment: Kathy moved, Curtis seconded, to adjourn at 7:25 PM. Motion carried.
Mary Jo Jackson, President Ann Brinson, Secretary
These minutes approved as _____________________ on ________________________