Morgan County Library
Board of Trustees
Dec. 8, 2022
Present: Lena Menning, Stacey Embry, Curtis Cunningham, Ann Brinson, Kathy Jones.
Absent: Mary Jo Jackson.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Curtis Cunningham at 5:15 p.m. It was held at 600 N. Hunter, Versailles, MO 65084.
Public Comment: none.
Friends Report: Postal approval was finally received for the Imagination Library.
Minutes: Kathy moved, Lena seconded, to accept the November 10, 2022 minutes as presented. Motion carried.
Vouchers/Financial Report: Current balance as of November 30, 2022, is $256,230.61. Lena moved, Kathy seconded, to accept the report as presented. Motion carried.
Kathy moved, Ann seconded, to take up the New Business before the Director’s Report. Motion carried.
New Business: After detailed discussion, Kathy moved, Ann seconded, to approve the 2023 budget as revised. Motion carried.
- Circulation has increased for Book Baskets, and programming attendance has increased.
- Two “Little Free Library” units have been purchased with donated funds. Finishing and installation will wait until after the first of the year.
- The Evergreen “live date” is scheduled for November 23, well after the Summer Reading Program. The transition to Evergreen will likely be the major focus for the staff during the coming year.
- Charging stations were purchased and soon will be available for patron use.
- A new pamphlet display will soon be installed.
Old Business: none.
Adjournment: Kathy moved, Lena Seconded, to adjourn at 5:40 PM. Motion carried.
Mary Jo Jackson, President Ann Brinson, Secretary
These minutes approved as _____________________ on ________________________