community room application
Library Community Meeting Room Policy
The following applies to the community meeting room and the conference room used for the aforementioned purposes.
- The Morgan County Library community room and conference room are available for use on a reserved-only basis to organizations, government agencies, and groups engaged in educational, cultural, or civic activities. Library District-sponsored programs and events receive priority. The Library reserves the right to relocate a group to a different meeting room.
- There is no charge for the use of the community or conference room and any group using these rooms may not charge admission.
- With the exception of the Friends of the Morgan County Library, the Morgan County Library Board of Directors, and other library support groups, the community and conference rooms are not available for commercial or profit making purposes. Such commercial use includes, but is not limited to, programs or presentations designed to promote the purchase of products of services. In addition, personal events, such as birthday parties and bridal showers, are not allowed.
- The community and conference rooms are available to qualifying groups on an equitable basis. Qualifying groups can reserve room(s) as space is available.
- Request is made for the room(s) by completing a Meeting Room Application form available at the Library Circulation Desk. The community room date(s) may be reserved no more than 60 days in advance and qualifying groups may reserve the community room up to two times each month. Saturday is limited to once a month because of high demand. The conference room date(s) may be reserved no more than 30 days in advance.
- The Library Director will review all requests for meeting room use and determine eligibility prior to granting approval.
- Approval to use a meeting room does not imply the Library’s endorsement of the group or organization, its policies or beliefs. Neither the name nor the address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization that uses a Library meeting room.
- An adult, at least 18 years old, must be responsible and in attendance. The individual initiating the request for the room(s) will be considered the official representative of the group and will assume responsibility for communicating meeting room policies to the group.
- Any group using a meeting room is expected to conduct its proceedings in a quiet, orderly manner and not be disruptive of normal library functions.
- Tobacco use, alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs or substances are prohibited on Library premises.
- Light refreshments are acceptable and may be served in the community room only.
- Groups using the Library meeting room(s) are responsible for basic cleanup and returning the room to order. Trash must be placed in receptacles and the room left clean. Any equipment or displays brought in for a meeting must be removed at the end of the meeting. The Library is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items used or left in the meeting room(s).
- Damages to the premises, equipment, or furnishings as a result of meeting room use will be charged to the group responsible. A fee of $50.00 will be charged if the group using the meeting room fails to leave the room clean and orderly.
- If a key has been issued, it is to be returned to the Library Circulation Desk if the Library is open or after Library hours returned in the overnight books drop box. There will be an overdue library charge of $10.00 per day for each day the key is not returned.
- Failure to comply with this Policy may result in denial of future use of the Library community meeting room or conference room and/or immediate removal from the meeting room(s).
- If a meeting is cancelled, please notify the Library as soon as possible at 573-378-5319
- If the library closes, due to an emergency, all programs/events in the community room will be cancelled.
Revised by Library Board of Trustees on November 14, 2019.