- call/email/online catalog to check about a specific title
- if the item is in the collection it will put on hold or reserved (if it is out)
Interlibrary Loan Policy.
If the item you want is not available in the Morgan County Library catalog, you might be able to borrow it through our interlibrary loan service. This service will search for copies of requested materials through the Mid-Continent Library.
- Any patron with a valid Morgan County Library card in good standing may request materials through interlibrary loan.
- There is a $2.00 fee for interlibrary loans.
- You will be notified when the item is ready for you to pick up at the library.
- Audiovisual material, local history or genealogy materials, reference materials, current year publications or bestsellers, DVDs, CDs, periodicals, and materials from special collections are NOT available for interlibrary loan.
- Items loaned through this service follow our standard loan policy of 2 weeks with 2 renewals.
- If an interlibrary loan item is not returned or returned damaged there will be a $75.00 fee. This price covers the cost of replacing the item plus any processing fees the lending library may charge.
- The average turnaround time for an interlibrary loan request is about 2-3 weeks, but it could be longer depending on the availability of the item.
- Some requests may go unfilled because the lender cannot provide the item. A notice will be sent to the patron.
- Interlibrary loan materials need to be returned to the Morgan County Library.
Requesting Materials is Easy
- Log in to your Morgan County Library account. (You may also call – 573-378-5319 or email – email@example.com to make your request)
- Go to Reserves/Requests
- Go to“Is the library missing something?”
- Click on the highlighted request button and fill out the required information. Then be sure to send the request.