In January 1908 a rental collection of books was housed in the Odd Fellows Hall. After 1917 the collection was moved into the North East corners of the Court House basement. Around 1936 the library moved to a room on the first floor of City Hall. In 1941 a building was built for the library at 102 North Fisher; it was completed in 1942.
On June 10, 2005 the library moved to it’s present location at 600 North Hunter.